Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pose for PAWS, Eastwood, Libis, July 21, 2008 (Sunday)

I had (still having) difficulty pronouncing the title of that event. When we were in Eastwood, I was asking around where the event was being held. I accidentally mentioned PAWS for Pose! hahaha... it's a good thing that they didn't notice *blush blush*

Anyway, on to the event. We arrived there around 4 or 4:30PM. That's coz traffic was a bit slow. Heck, even my friend who came from Baclaran arrived there before we did, to think we only came from Sta. Mesa.

There were quite a number of people, both with their pets and those who don't (as I said, ALL are welcome here). At the entrance, there were 2 receptionist (is that what you call them?) and I inquired how to get our photo/s taken. So she explained it to me and afterwards, I explained it to my bro and barkadas. Unfortunately, they didn't get what I was saying. So, my girlfriend and I just approached the reception booth to get a clearer information. I don't know what is it with today that we can't seem to grasp what they were telling us. They had to explain it thrice (maybe more) to us before my pal understood. Unfortunately, I wasn't listening anymore. I was more interested in surveying the place. So, I just asked what we should do. Har har... Pathetic, am I?

So after paying (395php - quite expensive BUT we don't mind BECAUSE profits will go to the animal shelter), we were about to enter the place, when my pal noticed that there is a booth for "Adopt a Pet". There were 2 dogs (I think) and some cats too. We watched them for a moment then proceeded inside and looked around. There was another booth for souvenirs and some pet stuff. Dragging my friend there, she bought a scarf for her husky, while I bought a t-shirt and a bag for myself (selfish ain't I?).


So we waited for our turn for a photo session and while waiting, we passed our time by looking and taking photos of other people's pets. Majority have dogs with them. Dogs range from aspins (asong pinoy) to purebreed dogs. Some are small, while others are huge. Some fury while others are short coated. I would presume it wasn't only us who are having fun observing, our beloved pets seemed to enjoy it as well. They even beat us at socializing with OUR kind =D

Then, it was our turn to have our photos taken, it wasn't that difficult, since the guys manning it are experts in getting our pets attention to look at the camera. "CHEEZE"!!! I'm excited to see our pictures, unfortunately, it will be released next week... sigh...

Well, that wraps our day and each of us headed our own way.

Note: I won't be posting pictures of pets that I've taken. The reason? Well, this event isn't about our pets, but those pets who are currently living in animal shelters; who are waiting for someone to bring them to a loving home after going through a lot of difficult times. Each animal in this shelter have their own sad story to tell.
Whether they are purebreed or cross breed pets; or
aspins or pusang kalye; those doesn't really matter. What binds them together is that they are ALL LIVING CREATURES NEEDING AND DESERVING A LOVING HOME TO STAY IN. What I regret today is not taking photos of those pets ready for adoption (very guilty). If I had, I would have shared them with you. Maybe, just maybe, there is someone out there needing a company and he/ she just might find that in the animal shelters.


Want to know more? Have plans on adopting? Want to help? Then, check on these links:
Philippine Animal Welfare Society
Animal Foundation Kingdom, Inc.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger