Saturday, February 14, 2009

Mom's Favorite Candies


Here's a list of my mom's favorite candies.

1.) This is, I would suppose, her most favorite. It's COCONUT CANDY. She got to try it out when we went to Hong Kong. So every time we go there, she tells us to buy LOADS and LOADS of it.
Where it can be bought:
It's very common at Aji-Ichiban stores. Although, if you buy there, it is expensive. Around 70+ HK dollars for 2 lbs.
We happened to stumble upon a store that sells a cheaper one! Ayun lang nga, I can't remember the place (Trust me to do just that!!). It costs around 20+ HK dollars for a pound.
So, if we compare notes, if I buy at the un-named store, I'll get an additional pound for the price of Aji-Ichiban.
If anyone knows where we can get a hold of this here... you get me... I haven't tried looking at Aji stores here though...
Here's a pic

2.) Lemon Drops. When I was still a kid, I can recall that she had been eating this candy already. That habit stopped for a long time and manage to resurface again....
Where it can be bought:
Cash & Carry. The problem is that, it's almost always out of stock!!!
Unimart. It was only once that I saw Lemon Drops being sold there...
No other groceries have been found selling this candy... yet.....
Cost: around 25php
My bro actually told her to just get the number of the manufacturer and ask which groceries are distributing this very illusive candy.

3.) If there's no Lemon Drops, Nougat ang bagsak. She likes this too, but not as much as the Lemon drops. The dogs love it, though (background - Me: Ma!! wag mu na bigyan, masanay yan. Maya magka-diabetes pa yan eh!).
Speaking of dogs loving it, remember the melamine scandal? hehe... I even said na baka may melamine yang candy?! In hopes that she would stop giving candies to the dogs.
Where it can be bought: Ay! Naglipana ang mga yan sa groceries!!!
Cost: around 22 php

4.) Last but not the least Werther's candies. It's a butterscotch candy, which I also like. I remember eating this as a kid as well. Aaannnd again, dogs love it too... teka nga, lahat naman ata type ng dogs eh!! Parang mga patay-gutom tong mga to oh!!
Where it can be bought: Any grocery.
Cost: 60+ php (nearing 70) a pouch... Kaya nanghinayang magbigay sa dogs (sa wakas!!). She likes this but since it's a bit expensive, she saves it during rainy seasons (ahem... when above candies are running low po ang ibig sabihin nun).

No comments:

Powered By Blogger